Single use and rechargeable batteries which you use in your household or work place. These include AA, AAA, C, D and 9V size batteries. We also accept cell phone batteries and laptop batteries.
These batteries usually weigh less than 1kg each and are used in devices such as toys, remotes, stereos and cordless power tools etc.
The battery chemistries displayed on the battery for identification are usually alkaline, lithium, nickel metal hydride, carbon zinc and a few others.
- E-Cycle will accept all handheld waste batteries, that are used in consumer type devices
- E-Cycle cannot accept damaged, pierced or leaking batteries
- E-Cycle will send pails (buckets) with lids in the size required to your site/s. You can also supply these yourself. 10l may be the most suitable size for consumer type collection points, to start. The 10l pail will hold approximately 15kg of batteries, which is a reasonable weight to handle and carry
- The recycling fee will be quoted to you in advance
- Individual pails can be collected once full or approximately 6+ full pails can be consolidated on a pallet with lids taped on, shrink-wrapped and made available for collection
- Delivery freight (to be quoted) will be additional for delivery of the empty pails if E-Cycle supplies the pails. The same pails can be re-used once they are received, emptied and sent back by E-Cycle.
- Collection freight will be additional to the recycling fee. It will vary based on the weight and physical location of the collection point.
- E-Cycle has contracted a third part logistics company to cater for the freight. They are certified to transport class 8 and class 9 dangerous goods. Once the collection is confirmed, E-Cycle will email through the relevant documents. E.g. consignment notes, pallet labels and the dangerous goods declaration which are required to be taped to the pallet or pail/s.
- Labels can be placed on the pails with awareness generating information and/or branding. Please advise if you’d like to discuss this further.